Saturday, August 9, 2008

Twelve hours and counting...

Well, Avie shoots in just about 11.5 hours. I brought my cameras to capture her in practice a few days ago. Here she is shooting air pistol and also sport pistol.






On an unrelated note: I was asked about the death of an American tourist in Beijing today. I was surprised, especially with the police presence here. I saw a fight breakout last night near Tiananmen Square, between a street vendor and someone else. Before it got too intense, police descended and put an end to it. Still, for about 3-4 minutes, they went at it. Unfortunately, a knife-wielding crazed person can end a life in that little period of time. People here are shocked, as it is very safe for foreigners. I can only imagine how much tighter the security will become with this incident in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Avie, Go! Best of luck, we are all rooting for you!

Go Patrick, Go! Didn't want you to feel left out. I really wish we could watch it in Canada. Just have to settle for watching the live shot values on NBC.

Patrick Haynes said...

Thanks, Richard. I know that I can always count on you for support.

;-)