Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Awaiting my Pumpkin Carriage

Yep, the clock is counting down. I have what is known as "split accreditation", so multiple coaches can share entry into the village and venues. Well, mine comes to an end tonight at midnight, just like Cinderella. Didn't the Flintstones cartoon do a "Cinderella-Fella" bit? Hmm, I'll have to google that later.

But, before I ride off to my mother-in-law's condo (life ain't that bad in Beijing), I'll have dinner with Secretary of Sport, Helena Guergis. (Okay, not just me, but the entire shooting team, plus who knows who else.)

Basically, Ms. Guergis is the government's lead on sport. She influences what sport in Canada "is". Like, does Canada support the City of Toronto's Pan American Games bid? Well, I'm sure that the City's stand on the demonization of target shooters and Olympians won't come up often. Probably only once, but for about an hour. Ms. Guergis has already publically questioned the City's stand while bidding for the Games. I'll communicate to her that a provincial boycott of the Games by the shooting sports is underway if Toronto is involved in the Games (actually any games) in any capacity. We'll deny the City bragging rights and prestige. This is the only way that law abiding Canadian shooters can get the message across to politicians with agendas.

Also, before I ride off into the sunset, Avie and I will be attending the Canadian flag raising ceremony in the Village. I'm pumped for this. Hell, I put on the right uniform and shaved. I actually look nice, if you can believe it.

I better go. I might be able to make another entry before I ride out. If not, it will be in the land of normalacy. It sounds sorta nice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey patrick, sounds like you're having lots of large coffees over there ;) hahaahaha


Sounds like you're having fun.

S Akow said...

Well, that would in fact make you "Cinderellastone" Patrick and...I think I've come up with a way for you to either wake up in time for events - just connect a car battery to your alarm clock that's wired to each of your big toes....LOL
Have fun and wave big so we can see you both in the opening ceremonies!!! The boys and I will be watching and cheering you on!!

Richard said...

I know you'll represent us well with the minister. Glad to hear you're feeling better.