Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Evening at the Bird's Nest



Avie bought a whack of GOOD seats in the National Stadium for the family to see "Athletics". I didn't know what to expect other athn the fact that it would be pretty cool to see the Olympics there, watching the events commonly associated with the Olympics.

I was amazed how close we were to the action: Tier 1 (ground level), 8th row. At one point, I think one of the Cuban athletes got of the track and walked past us after speaking with her coach.

We saw several events: steeplechase, high jump, triple jump, 10000 meter, and 400m women's hurdles. Very cool. So, here are a few of my shots.













The Bird's Nest at night is truly impressive. It glows and the Olympic Flame just mesmerizes you. Words and my photo don't do it justice.

No comments: